QPR is a nationally recognized suicide prevention gatekeeper training. This training is for the UNI campus community and helps all participants become knowledgeable in helping prevent a potential suicide.
In this 90 minute training you will learn:
- How to recognize the warning signs of suicide
- How to ask if someone is feeling or thinking about suicide
- How to encourage them to get help
- How to refer that person to the right support and care
Mental Health Ally training will allow you to create a culture of care and help-seeking behaviors related to mental health.
Part 1 of the training will teach you:
- Mental health basics
- Warning signs
- Causes of mental health
- Cultural differences
- Myths and facts
- Effects on students
- 90 minutes
Part 2 of the training will focus on:
- Addressing mental health stigma
- Creating a culture of care
- Increasing help-seeking behavior
- How to start talking about mental health
- How to be a mental health Ally
- 120 minutes
This workshop explores cultural barriers for males regarding seeking help related to their mental health concerns. This discussion based workshop focuses on solutions to increase help seeking behavior in men and developing a more accepting culture.
Test anxiety effects about 1 in 4 students on average. Being able to recognize and address text anxiety is vital in achieving your academic goals. This workshop aims at helping students learn:
- To identify the signs of test anxiety
- Understand the underlying causes
- To develop specific tools for preparing for tests
- Gain knowledge and skills to address the symptoms of test anxiety
- To regain confidence in test taking
Bachelor's Required; Self-Care Preferred - 60 Minutes
In collaboration with UNI's Career Services, this workshop will focus on navigating the job search process while providing tips on how to practice self-care. Feel free to bring material to take notes!
Time is a precious commodity while in college and it only makes sense to learn to use what you do have to the fullest. This workshop explores common time mismanagement and presents key skills and specific tools to take charge of your time and make the most of it.
We face many adversities as we work towards earning an education and balancing life’s challenges on a daily basis. Being resilient enables us to recover from these times and maintain our course without interruption. This workshop focuses on learning:
- The role resilience plays in dealing with and recovering from adversity
- Basic steps towards building resilience
- How to develop self-control
- How to rebuild confidence in managing life's challenges
- How to recover for a significant life event