There are a variety of non-western interventions that may be effective for helping individuals cope with their mental and emotional health. Some non-western interventions include:
Non-Western Campus Resources
- William Peach, LMHC at the UNI Counseling Center uses mindfulness in a clinical setting.
- Shantila Caston, LISW at the UNI Counseling Center is the Diversity Outreach Specialist and a Co-Facilitator of the Racial Healing Support Group
Non-Western Community Resources
- Earl E. Bakken Center for Spirituality & Healing at University of Minnesota offers Nature-Based Therapeutics courses
- Suzanne Bartlett Hackenmiller, M.D. is a physician in Des Moines. She leads workshops combining mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, and integrative wellness topics
- Hope Tree Counseling in Waterloo, IA provides Nature-Based Therapy, Animal Assisted Therapy
- Dr. Matthew Vasquez & Traci Ludwig are researching and conducting trauma-sensitive yoga in the Cedar Valley. Contact Traci Ludwig at firstname.lastname@example.org for session dates and times.