GROUP THERAPY Call the Counseling Center at 273-2676 and ask to be connected to the therapist facilitating the group you are interested in.
- Wednesday 4:00-5:00 Support Group, coping skills
- Thursdays 12:30-2:00 Anxiety Group
- Thursdays 4:00 - 5:00 Support Group, coping skills
- Thursdays 3:30 - 5:00 Game to Grow
Group counseling provides students with the opportunity to connect with others in a safe, confidential and supportive space. Groups allow students to share about their experiences with others who can understand and relate to their concerns, connect across differences to learn new perspectives, and experiment with new ideas, behaviors, and ways of being or interacting. Through group engagement, students develop insights and skills that can be used through the challenges they face and improve their quality of life.
Some benefits of group counseling include:
- Increase self-awareness and understanding of others
- Connect with others who have similar problems and experiences
- Decrease isolation and loneliness
- Receive multiple perspectives on your concerns
- Enhance the quality of relationships
- Experience meaningful and authentic connections with others
- Develop new, healthier ways of relating to others
- Identifying, experiencing and expressing feelings with greater ease
- Increase confidence and self-esteem
- Increase ability to give and receive honest feedback
- Internalize lessons lessons learned by helping others in the group
(Source: Texas Women's University Counseling and Psychological Services)
*Groups take place in the Student Health Center, on the second floor in the Counseling Center's group room.
Please call 319-273-2676 to sign up asking to speak with the group facilitator for the group that interests you.