About the Counseling Center
Enrolled students paying the mandatory health fee are eligible for a free initial assessment and clinical recommendations. Therapy groups, crisis appointments, and short term individual therapy (5 sessions) per academic year are provided at no additional charge.
Counseling begins with an Initial Assessment.
To schedule an Initial Assessment appointment, please call the Counseling Center at (319) 273-2676.
- In case of immediate danger, call 911 or go to the nearest
hospital emergency room.
- For urgent situations outside of office hours, call the Counseling Center at (319) 273-2676 and press 2 to speak to a crisis counselor.
- Statewide Crisis Line 1-800-332-4224
- *The Foundation 2 Crisis Line is Certified by the American Association of Suicidology.
- National Suicide Hotline 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
Information shared by you in counseling sessions is confidential and is protected to the full extent of the law. Information will not be disclosed to anyone outside the Center without your written permission except when, in the judgment of your counselor, such disclosure is necessary to protect you or someone else from imminent danger or when otherwise required by law.
We are unable to provide counseling or psychological advice by e-mail, but we encourage you to call the Counseling Center at (319) 273-2676 if you wish to arrange to speak with a Counselor.
In case of immediate danger: Call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
For urgent situations outside of office hours: Call the Counseling Center at (319) 273-2676 and press 2 to speak to a crisis counselor.
Statewide Crisis Line:
National Suicide Hotline: