Let us help you take care of your mental health. To schedule an assessment appointment, call the Counseling Center at 319-273-2676 to schedule a tele visit or in person visit and complete the assessment intake form: (view detailed Student Instruction here)
You will receive intake questions in an email to complete prior to your appointment for both in person and tele therapy assessment appointments. Thank you for taking the time to complete those forms so we have the information we need to best take care of you.
For same day emergency appointments: Between the hours of 10:00 am. - 2:30 pm, when classes are in session, you can consult with a counselor by phone or in person. During the evening and on weekends, call 319-273-2676 and select option 2 to speak with a counselor by phone.
Enrolled students paying the mandatory health fee are eligible for a free initial assessment and clinical recommendations. Therapy groups, crisis appointments, and short term individual therapy (5 sessions) per academic year are provided at no additional charge.
Counseling begins with an Initial Assessment.
To schedule an Initial Assessment appointment, please call the Counseling Center at (319) 273-2676.
- In case of immediate danger, call 911 or go to the nearest
hospital emergency room.
- For urgent situations outside of office hours, call the Counseling Center at (319) 273-2676 and press 2 to speak to a crisis counselor.
- Statewide Crisis Line 1-800-332-4224
- *The Foundation 2 Crisis Line is Certified by the American Association of Suicidology.
- National Suicide Hotline 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
In case of immediate danger: Call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
For urgent situations outside of office hours: Call the Counseling Center at (319) 273-2676 and press 2 to speak to a crisis counselor.
Statewide Crisis Line:
National Suicide Hotline: